Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Moist pumpkin spiced bread with rich chocolate chips. Tips and tricks for making the best pumpkin chocolate chip bread!
We are halfway through October and I can’t even believe it. For the first time in a very long time, my back door is open and there is a slight crispness in the air. We get really excited about any glimpses of Fall weather here in Arizona. Yes, it is a high of 90 degrees today but the mornings are finally cooling down.
I woke up at 6:00 am yesterday even though all of my kids were spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa’s. You’d think this would be the perfect opportunity to sleep in and enjoy a quiet house. However, I quickly cranked up some music to get me going, put on some sweats, and got to work in my kitchen. I started baking up a storm and the smell of pumpkin spice and caramelized apples filled the air and I loved it.
What my kids didn’t love was coming home to a house full of dishes but as my youngest daughter, Sadie, reminded them was, “but look at all of this food we get to eat.” I love her positive, optimistic, always look at the bright side nature!
I have been traveling so much and there’s the saying that has really resonated with me lately — “there’s no place like home.” I am a travel junkie and traveling is one of my favorite things to do in the world but sometimes I just miss my bed and a home cooked meal. So whenever I go on vacation, I can’t wait to get back into the kitchen and start cooking again. It is my therapy!
One of my favorite foods to make during the Fall season is pumpkin bread. I am obsessed with my PUMPKIN BREAD with BROWN SUGAR STREUSEL. It has a few game changing ingredients that set it apart. Now it is time elevate the pumpkin bread game a little by adding some chocolate chips. This just makes it so decadent! This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is your excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast!
This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread begins with unsweetened pure Pumpkin Puree. Some warm spices are added to bring out the pumpkin flavor. A combination of brown sugar and sugar works perfectly in this pumpkin bread. A mix of oil, buttermilk, and creamy cheese makes a melt-in-your-mouth texture. It is the best chocolate chip pumpkin bread!
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD:
- Start off by cooking pumpkin puree over medium heat. This helps to create a perfect pumpkin flavor since it is the star ingredient. Let it cook for about 6 minutes on a low-heat, stirring often so it doesn’t burn.
- Add a mixture of oil, cream cheese, and buttermilk to add moisture and create a tender texture. This is the trifecta of ingredients that will make soft pumpkin bread.
- Add cinnamon and pumpkin spice to bring out the warmth of the pumpkin.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour into greased pans and sprinkle chocolate chips all over the top of the chocolate pumpkin bread. Bake just until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. If the sides of becoming overbaked, cover the bread with foil until the center completely bakes through. I like to cover my bread halfway through the baking time with foil just to make sure the center gets completely baked through.
If you love FALL recipes, check out all of my favorite PUMPKIN RECIPES, APPLE RECIPES, CARAMEL RECIPES, and SOUP RECIPES by clicking HERE.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Moist pumpkin spiced bread with rich chocolate chips. Tips and tricks for making the best pumpkin chocolate chip bread!
Keyword: chocolate chip pumpkin bread
- (1) 15-ounce can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened, cut into cubes)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, heat pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice over medium heat. Stir often for about 5-7 minutes
Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese. Whisk for several minutes until all of the cream cheese is mixed in. If the cream cheese is still not mixed in, place it back on the heat for 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar, sugar, and oil. Let it sit for 5 minutes to cool before adding the eggs.
Whisk in eggs and buttermilk until fully mixed together. After it is completely smooth, fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until combined.
Make sure mixture is cool before adding in the chocolate chips. Reserve some chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top. Grease two 8 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Pour batter into pans.
Bake for 44-48 minutes or until the center is cooked through. If it is getting to brown, cover with foil halfway through baking time to ensure the center is fully baked through. Check by placing a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean.
Let pumpkin loaves cool for 20 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool.