Need at home brunch ideas? This is one of my all time favorite Mexican meals! 🤤 Chilaquiles are a very traditional breakfast made up of a base which is corn tortilla chips either fried or baked, hot green or red salsa, and finished with two fried eggs and sometimes also chicken or pork! The toppings include crema, queso fresco, onion, sliced avocado, and cilantro!
Here is my favorite way to make them!
1. Instead of using fried tortilla chips use baked gluten free corn tortillas! And then make chips out of them simply by crushing them! You can also use @sietefoods grain free tortillas and do the same technique! But I prefer corn tortillas🙌🏻
2. You can sub half of the chips for turkey slices and chop turkey into the size of chips! But that’s not very authentic… I rarely do this🤷🏼♀️
3. For the green salsa my moms recipe is my favorite🤗 she wins in the kitchen @emmalaura3 : roasted tomatillos, roasted jalapeños, cilantro, salt, and lemon! And blend! Store bought brands are also good make sure to look for authentic and clean ingredients! No chemicals or things you can’t pronounce! Simmer the salsa on low heat and add the tortilla chips, keep it simmering all together for like 10 minutes.
4. Then add two fried eggs! Make sure the yolk is runny🙌🏻
5. I love to top mine with queso fresco, cilantro, and 1/4 of an avocado! 🤤