Lockdown recipe 5 of 21: Plant-based Chickpea Coconut Curry
This recipe is so quick (15 minutes in total), easy, delicious and nutrient-dense (containing 4 vegetables)! And being a one-pot meal, it is also easy clean-up. And who doesn’t love a good curry? Alter the heat level by the curry powder you choose to use.
Yield: 3-4 servings
2 tsp oil
1 medium yellow or red onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced (equal to 3t crushed garlic)
1 can of chickpeas (or any other can of beans you have available)
1 ½ cups (250 g) mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp curry powder
½ tsp paprika powder
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
1 red pepper, cut thinly
1 packet of baby spinach
250g of cherry tomatoes, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add oil, onion and garlic to a large pot on high heat and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add the chickpeas and mushrooms to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Add the curry and paprika powder and sauté for one minute longer.
3. Add the coconut milk, peppers, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and tomatoes at the end, stir and remove from heat.
5. Serve with rice and enjoy!