Nothing says breakfast like Nutella swirl banana bread! With plenty of Nutella swirls and a rich chocolate chip topping, this moist and delicious banana bread recipe comes together quickly. Serve slices with butter or mascarpone and a side of Nutella!
Perfect Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
To make this banana bread, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Ripe bananas
- Greek yogurt
- Unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Nutella 🙂
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
Room temperature ingredients – Bring Greek yogurt and egg to room temperature before baking. Room temperature ingredients incorporate more easily into the batter and give this quick bread a tender crumb.
Bananas – My favorite bananas for banana bread are ripe and speckled (not blackened). For this recipe, you’ll use 1 cup mashed ripe banana. This is usually about 2 large bananas, or 3 smaller bananas. Place the ripe bananas in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher until completely mashed.
Mix – Don’t overmix the batter! Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together, just until incorporated. The finished batter is textured and visibly lumpy.
Nutella Swirls – Scrape half of the batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Drop Nutella by spoonfuls over the batter and tap the pan sharply. Repeat the layers with remaining batter and Nutella. Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to gently swirl the batter before baking.
Bake – Bake the loaf for 55 to 60 minutes, or until bread is golden and springs back to the touch. To prevent over-browning, tent the top of the loaf with foil after 35 minutes of baking. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached; baking time may vary based on moisture content of the bananas.
Cool – Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes. While the bread cools, sprinkle with chocolate chips. After 10 minutes, carefully lift bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
The BEST Nutella swirl banana bread! Super moist and topped with rich chocolate chips, you’ll love this easy Nutella banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240 g) mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (170 g) plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg (50 g), lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (8 g) vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp (110 g) Nutella, divided
- 2 Tbsp (24 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray.
- For the bread, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and fold in just until combined.
- Place Nutella in a small bowl and microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- Scrape half the batter batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Drop spoonfuls of Nutella over the batter. Tap pan sharply to remove air bubbles. Repeat with remaining batter and Nutella. Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to gently swirl the batter. Tap pan again sharply to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until bread is golden and springs back to the touch (if desired, tent with foil after 35 minutes of baking time to prevent over-browning). Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. While the bread is cooling, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Carefully lift bread from pan and cool completely. Serve banana bread with butter or mascarpone and Nutella.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love!
Keywords: Banana, Banana Bread, Quick Bread, Nutella
Craving more banana bread?