Peppermint white chocolate snowball cookies are festive and delicious, perfect with a mug of hot cocoa! Dusted in snowy powdered sugar, the melt-in-your-mouth butter cookies are filled with crushed peppermint candy canes and white chocolate chips for the ultimate holiday treat!
Perfect Snowball Cookies
The perfect blend of peppermint and vanilla, these rich and buttery cookies are simply irresistible! To make them, you’ll need:
- Softened unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract and pure peppermint extract
- Powdered sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Finely crushed peppermint candies or crushed candy canes
- White chocolate chips
Make the dough – The buttery dough comes together easily in a stand mixer. Once the dough is made, chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator, until easy to handle. Shape the dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
Bake – Bake the cookies until the tops and edges are lightly golden and set, about 13 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Dust – Once the cookies are completely cool, dust generously with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Make Ahead Snowball Cookies
Freeze the shaped cookies in an airtight container until you’re ready to bake, up to 2 months. On baking day, place the frozen cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake straight from the freezer, adding 2 to 3 minutes to baking time.
Rich and buttery peppermint white chocolate snowball cookies filled with crushed peppermint candy canes and white chocolate chips!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Beat butter in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until soft and creamy, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Beat in vanilla, peppermint extract, and salt. Mix in powdered sugar on low speed until fully incorporated. Gradually add flour mixture just until incorporated and the dough comes together in large pieces. Mix in crushed peppermint and white chocolate chips. Chill dough for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1 1/4-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 13 to 14 minutes, until tops and edges are set and lightly golden. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, dust generously with powdered sugar. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make ahead: Freeze the shaped cookies in an airtight container up to 2 months. On baking day, place the frozen cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake straight from the freezer, adding 2 to 3 minutes to baking time.
Keywords: Peppermint, White Chocolate, Snowball Cookies, Holiday Cookies
More holiday cookie recipes to try: